X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V6.1 on Mac - Very Important

Hello,

If you use the ATPdigital software on a computer which runs a 32 bit Apple Mac operating system or a 64 bit mac with OSX 10.8 or earlier. Please read on! The information contained in this post is VERY important!
    We emailed all students regarding this sometime ago but we may have ended up in your spam folder!

Apple introduced 64 bit processors over a 2 year period, at different times with different computers. Since the release of OSX 10.7 Lion, OS X has dropped support for 32-bit processors. It now runs exclusively on 64-bit Intel CPUs. Mac OS X v10.7 Lion was released on 20th July 2011

Since then all legacy hardware has been supported when new versions of OSX have been released. For example, OSX 10.11 El Capitan supports:
    iMac (Mid-2007 or newer)
    MacBook (13-inch Aluminium, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or newer)
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or newer), (15-inch, Mid / Late 2007 or newer), (17-inch, Late 2007 or newer)
    MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
    Mac Mini (Early 2009 or newer)
    Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
    Xserve (Early 2009)
    A common thread is that to run the later versions of OSX the Mac must have a 64-bit CPU, which is typically an Intel Core 2 Duo or newer processor.

While this had no immediate effect on ATPdigital, the release of our major new upgrade of software to ATPdigital v6.1 means; as Apple no longer provide support for 32 bit processors, the software we base ATPdigital on does not run on 32 bit processors either and so, ATPdigital v6.1 will not run on a 32 bit processor computer or a more modern computer using an out-of-date operating system which does not support 64 bit processors.

If you have a 64 bit processor but are running OSX v10.6 , v10.7 or v10.8 you will need to update your operating system if wish to use ATPdigital v6.1 on that computer.

You can find out if you are working on a 32 bit or 64 bit mac by following these instructions
    Please open Finder -> Utilities -> Terminal
    Select Terminal
    Copy and paste in: uname -m
    Press Enter
    Some digits will come up on the screen ending in _32 or _64.
    This gives you your answer.

You can find which operating system you are using by clicking on the small Apple icon in the top left hand corner of your screen and selecting About This Mac

If you missed our email regarding this a while ago and have already tried to upgrade to ATPdigital v6.1, don't worry we can put you back onto v6.0 and you will be able to use the software as you were for the time being. Please email support@bristol.gs and we can help.

If you are using a 32 bit mac, you will still be able to use your current version of ATPdigital (v6.0) for now BUT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE on your older Apple machine. You will see a new button appear in ATPdigital inviting you to download and upgrade; PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO SO.

Best regards,
    Deb
    Last edited by Deb; 08-04-2016, 10:43. Reason: Update to OS info.

hi,
    will updating my mac to the new macos sierra (Version 10.12.1) cause any troubles to my atp software

Comment

Good morning,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm just checking that we haven't had any reported issues. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Best regards,
      Deb

Comment

Hello again,

Just to let you know that according to my enquiries we've had no reports of compatibility issues with ATPdigital and Macos Sierra (Version 10.12.1).

If you notice any issues after updating your Mac please report them directly to support@bristol.gs so that we can help.

Best regards,
        Deb

Comment

Working...
        X