This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the course

The Maths and Physics course serves two functions; as a revision aid to you, and also to show the Authority (if they check) that you meet the requirements laid down in the EASA Part-FCL requirements that you posses a sufficient level of knowledge of mathematics and physics to meet the demands of the course'.

There are a couple of ways you can use it:

If you are confident that you do not need any revision, then you may go straight to the progress test(s). If you pass a test with a score of 75% or greater, then the associated lessons will be marked as complete and you may progress. I you fail either test, then you will need to complete the end-of-lesson quizzes of the lessons associated with the progress test before being allowed to re-sit.

If you feel less confident about Maths and/or Physics you may, of course, decide to complete the lessons first before attempting the Progress test.

If you have difficulties or spot any errors in the material, then please drop us an email to support@bristol.gs and the customer support team will do their best to sort you out.
    Courseware Design Team

Re: How to use the course

I'm confused at the above.. What is this? Where do we find this? And is this part of our course and something we have to do?...
    Kind Regards,

Tristan Marchent - UK PPL(A) Holder, SEP Rating, PA28 Warrior, Trained with Aero's Flight Training Gloucestershire (EGBJ/GLO)
    - Flying now with Aero's Flight Training, Gloucestershire (EGBJ/GLO)

Email: tlmarchent@gmail.com

Bristol Groundschool - Module Two, Fixed Wing

Comment

Hello Tristan

If you purchased recently and are on an approved course (i.e. you are not doing a licence conversion or are a QSP) the Maths and Physics module is now mandatory. It has the dual roles of meeting an EASA requirement that all students much prove that they have a sufficient knowledge of maths and physics before starting the ATPL course, and providing a useful revision aid to those who want it.

If you do not have it, that is likely to be because it was introduced after you started your training. If you would like access to the module, just drop us an email to support@bristol.gs and we will switch you onto the new syllabus; all your progress to date will be carried across.
      Courseware Design Team

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
        Hello Tristan

If you purchased recently and are on an approved course (i.e. you are not doing a licence conversion or are a QSP) the Maths and Physics module is now mandatory. It has the dual roles of meeting an EASA requirement that all students much prove that they have a sufficient knowledge of maths and physics before starting the ATPL course, and providing a useful revision aid to those who want it.

If you do not have it, that is likely to be because it was introduced after you started your training. If you would like access to the module, just drop us an email to support@bristol.gs and we will switch you onto the new syllabus; all your progress to date will be carried across.
        Ok, this has made me double confused now. I'll email you guys to see what this is all about.

Thanks,
        Kind Regards,

Tristan Marchent - UK PPL(A) Holder, SEP Rating, PA28 Warrior, Trained with Aero's Flight Training Gloucestershire (EGBJ/GLO)
        - Flying now with Aero's Flight Training, Gloucestershire (EGBJ/GLO)

Email: tlmarchent@gmail.com

Bristol Groundschool - Module Two, Fixed Wing

Comment

If we switch to the new syllabus, are these modules mandatory for us to be cleared for an examination?

Comment

No, we are not required to apply this retrospectively. If you switch, that is only for your own benefit. If you are put on the course from the start then it is mandatory.
            Courseware Design Team

Comment

Working...
            X