Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hums

Hi all,

I sat the Instruments exam in July 2014 in Dublin, and fell short by 4%, my last paper out of the 14.....Yes I know, a fail is a fail, and I don't have a problem with that! I got at least 8, maybe even 10 questions on the HUMS topic, and had to guess almost all of them, except one. While preparing for the exam, I never encountered any questions in the BGS database on this topic, and my colleagues that studied the BGS study material(which I did not have access to), advises that there is no material on that topic either.
    Has anyone got any suggestions regarding this issue?

I "Googled" the HUMS topic, and could find some info, although not very helpful. I cannot remember the questions I encountered, except one which was easy, i.e. "What does the abbreviation HUMS stand for?". The rest is blurry.....

I'll appreciate any feedback, thank you.

Kobus

Re: Hums

My first thoughts on this is that the exam content is in error.
    According to the exam question content only one question is permitted from this topic under LO 022 14 03 02.
    You should therefore immediately apply for a review of your exam through the Tasman portal. It will cost ?69 but it is refundable in the event that they agree.
    A couple of my students have already followed this process successfully in other subjects and been given free re-sits.

If you would like to send me your details colin@bristol.gs I will also contact the CAA on your behalf as a back up.

Regarding the HUMS detail I need to do some more research.

Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply. I will contact you via my personal e-mail address.

Regards

Kobus

Comment

Hi all,

Just sat the Instruments exam yesterday, 15 Sept 2014, and 5 questions again came up in this topic of HUMS. They were easy, just wanted to provide feedback on this.

Outa here, all 14 done!

Good luck to all!

Kobus

Comment

Working...
        X