new question (almost)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new question (almost)

Hi guys did someone had this question sitting IFR exam? What was the correct answer ?
    Thanks in andvance for any reply

ATC asks you to do a routine report every hour.

You encounter turbulence, the passengers are strained to their seatbelts.
    You are supposed to do your routine report in an hour.
    Do you:

- do a special report and don't mention this turbulence in your next routine report
    - wait for the routine report
    - don't mention it in your routine report as it is moderate turbulence

i have yet to sit ifr but i believe the correct answer is b,

Comment

When pax feel restrained by their seatbelts it describes an effect of moderate turbulence. This must be reported as soon as practicable by a special AIREP. See appendix 1 ICAO Doc 4444
      It goes on to say that if the special report occurs at a time when a routine report is required then the special report shall be made instead.
      Last edited by colin; 18-03-2018, 05:51.

Comment

Hi Colin,
        I want to thank you very much for the information, today I sat my IFR exam I want to confirm this question in my exam I had it as it was worded and the last option was - Omit the routine report and you make a special report", I also had the question where it was asking for a vulcanin activity far or the track. For the reato of the questions Bristol dababase is so extremely helpful, it is the best database I used so far!!!
        Thank you Guys you are doing a great job!

Comment

Hi LIRU, Colin,
          I see this Q has been added to the bank as 920213.
          I have the exam late tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon, and have been looking at this question.
          LIRU, do you know if you got the Q right please? I ask as the explanation for Q 920207 suggests moderate turbulence is only reported (in AIREP) for transonic/supersonic, and no mention of this being a SST flight. That might suggest that another answer could be tempting. Clearly, if you got it right, or there's something else I've not noticed, then no discussion and apologies!
          Thank you.

Comment

Most commercial turbo jets operate in the transonic range. This starts at around Mach 0.8.
            Good luck.

Comment

Great. Thank you.

Comment

So, I got this question, answered as you said Colin, and got it right. I should never have had any doubt! Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchTheFaceOfGod View Post
                  So, I got this question, answered as you said Colin, and got it right. I should never have had any doubt! Thanks again.
                  what was the correct answer bud, im confused

Comment

Working...
                  X