• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very grateful for all your feedback.
    Many thanks
    Colin

Comment

When is the likelihood that the ops question bank is going to be updated? I took ops yesterday and it was about 80+% new questions, pretty sure I failed as the questions were again poorly worded...

Comment

VFR COMMS: nothing to worry about guys, I reckon I got a few wrong but it felt simple. Most questions were new but reworded versions of old ones, straight forward and easy to understand.

Comment

Mewsikman: Are you a BGS student? If so email me colin@bristol.gs

Comment

Originally posted by colin View Post
            Well a SIGMET is compiled by the MET station. You could report any Airmet phenomena. Of the answers given I think you chose correctly as by elimination the icing and turbulence would have to be "moderate" and the sandstorm is way off track. I have to say from a practical point of view you wouldn't generally report an isolated thunderstorm unless you were asking ATC for a route to avoid it.
            I had this question on Tuesday ( I think they use the words 'make a special report' or similar) and did spend a few minutes mulling it over given the options. It seemed a bit familiar, possibly it used to be in the Met QB? The answer they are looking for though is the dust sandstorm despite it being witnessed some distance from track. The word major is associated in their answer I guess as an added hint. Isolated TS as you say are not considered significant for reporting and the other 2, although being directly experienced on track, are not sufficiently significant to report.

Comment

Thanks James
              I shall amend the question.

Comment

Working...
              X