Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rnav gnss

Hi everyone.

The temperature limit on a RNAV (GNSS) instrument approach does not apply when

A. The approach is conducted with reference to standard radio-navigation aid
    B. The approach is flown using GNSS vertical guidance
    C. The procedure is flown using a radio altimeter as primary reference
    D. Using a baro VNAV vertical guidance.

I think its A but it seems D also is a good answer. Can someone confirm?

Don t think this is in the OPS syllabus - but, from the A330 manual:

Low Temperature Altimetry A managed vertical profile may not be flown if the airport temperature is below -15*C or, if published, the Baro-VNAV authorised temperature on the approach chart. If the temperature is below the approved limit, the approach may still be flown using selected vertical guidance (NAV/FPA) and the corrected procedural altitudes (Volume 2 Part 2 refers). In this case, the approach is flown to an MDA.

From this, I think A is the answer.

Tom

Comment

Hello thanks for your reply. I got this question from New Zealand Instrument rating question bank.

Comment

Hi Kevin, which question bank did you use? This question is also found in the South African Syllabus, I have seen this question somewhere but cant remember where. South Africa use the EASA question banks. So I guess this questions apply to South Africa and Europe students also.

On the RNAV(GNSS) approach charts for which there is an APV BaroVNAV approach (presence of LNAV/VNAV minima), a minimum temperature use is published. As a general rule, pilots should not use the FMS (Baro)VNAV function when the temperature is below the temperature limit published on the approach chart.
        Last edited by Prega Sornum; 31-01-2020, 21:48.

Comment

The answer is A

Comment

Working...
          X