Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerodrome Planning minima for IFR flights

Hello,

The two attachements are taken from the course. They deal with the weather requirements to be able to choose an aerodrome as an alternate for IFR flights.

Apparently, legally, you only have to consider the RVR to conduct a precision approach to an alternate aerodrome. The cloud ceiling is not taken into account.

In the other attachement, you can see in the table that for CAT I approaches (so a precision approach), the ceiling should be at or above the MDH. Which, in my opinion, means that you would need to take the cloud ceiling into account for such approaches...

Could somebody clarify ?

Thank you !

MDH No cloud ceiling - Only RVR

The first page you are looking at (23/23) is considering the Planning minima for a destination alternate aerodrome, isolated aerodrome, fuel en-route
    alternate (fuel ERA) aerodrome, en-route alternate (ERA) aerodrome.

So, for your destination alternate aerodrome, you look at what kind of approach is available, and for your planning minima, the weather must permit the next level of approach ....

Type of approach (available) .............. Planning minima
    CAT II and III ...........................................CAT I RVR
    CAT I .................................................. .....NPA RVR/VIS & Ceiling shall be at or above MDH (NPA is a NON PRECISION APPROACH)
    NPA .................................................. .......NPA RVR/VIS + 1 000 m & Ceiling shall be at or above MDH + 200 ft
    Circling.......................................... .......... Circling

If your destination alternate aerodrome has a CAT 1 approach available, your PLANNING minima are NPA RVR/VIS & Ceiling shall be at or above MDH

For a precision approach, you only require RVR
    For a NPA (non precision approach), you require Ceiling and RVR/VIS

Hope that clarifies things

Tom
    Last edited by Tom; 16-05-2018, 18:52.

Comment

Working...
    X