Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Booklet

Hi Tom!

I'm just working through the booklet before my exam next week.

A question about number 112...

When shall you comply with NADP? The answer states 1,3&4 but the explanation makes me think that the question will have to say - When shall you comply with NADP either on arrival or on departure? Due to the fact that for arrival you wouldn't comply with NADP if the ceiling was below 500ft and for departure the ceiling isn't relevant for NADP. Is this correct or am I interpreting it wrong?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Sorry but i am being nosey...... what feedback doc are you talking about? I have seen it mentioned a few times but cant find one!

Comment

Its a big booklet of feedback that Tom has made that you get when you go for the brush up week.

Comment

Sorry - my mistake ... 112 (and 109 I think)

ICAO DOC 8168
        TAKE-OFF
        Noise abatement procedures in the form of reduced power take-off should not be required in adverse operating conditions such as:
        a) if the runway surface conditions are adversely affected (e.g. by snow, slush, ice or water, mud, rubber, oil or other substances);
        b) when the horizontal visibility is less than 1.9 km (1 NM);
        c) when the crosswind component, including gusts, exceeds 28 km/h (15 kt);
        d) when the tailwind component, including gusts, exceeds 9 km/h (5 kt); and
        e) when wind shear has been reported or forecast or when adverse weather conditions, e.g. thunderstorms, are expected to affect the departure.

ARRIVAL
        Compliance with published noise abatement approach procedures should not he required in adverse operating conditions such as:
        a) if the runway is not clear and dry, i.e. it is adversely affected by snow, slush, ice or water, mud, rubber, oil or other substances;
        b) in conditions when the ceiling is lower that 150 m (500 ft) above aerodrome elevation, or when the horizontal visibility is less than 1.9 km (1 NM);
        c) when the crosswind component, including gusts, exceeds 28 km/h(15 kt);
        d) when the tailwind component, including gusts, exceeds 9 km/h (5 kt); and
        e) when wind shear has been reported or forecast or when adverse weather conditions, e.g. thunderstorms, are expected to affect the approach.

Good luck with the Exam!!

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X