Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ID: 711306 - Fire fighting

Hello BGS,

Regarding the following question, another QB states that the correct answer is the option D. Do you confirm that the correct answer is still answer B ?

When extinguishing a fire with a fire extinguisher, you should do so:
    Into the body of the fire.
    By aiming the extinguishing agent at the base of the fire.
    From above the fire.
    From a distance of 1.5 - 2.5m from the base of the fire.

Thank in advance

Had the same kind of problem, Can't find it.... anyone ?

Comment

711306 - just checked it - answer B above is shown as correct.

The explanation is below - another document I have says 'start a few feet away and move closer as the flames reduce' .... BUT, always .... aim at the base of the fire

Remember the simple acronym P.A.S.S. to help you use the fire extinguisher effectively.

P.A.S.S. stands for: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep, explained below the printable diagram.
      Pull the safety pin from the handle. The pin is located at the top of the fire extinguisher. Once removed, it releases the locking mechanism, allowing you to discharge the extinguisher.

Aim the extinguisher nozzle or hose at the base of the fire. As explained, this removes the source or fuel of the fire. Keep yourself low.

Squeeze the handle or lever slowly to discharge the agent. Letting go of the handle will stop the discharge, so keep it held down.

Sweep side to side. Move toward the fire, aiming low at its base. Sweep until all flames are extinguished. Watch for re-igniting. Repeat as necessary.

Comment

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer, will go for the base of fire then.

Comment

Okay, av exam is also giving 1.5 to 2.5 m from the base. Is there no official document where it can be found.

Comment

I do not know the document they are using as a reference - every reference I have found says .... Aim the extinguisher nozzle or hose at the base of the fire. Some of my references say 'start a few feet away ....(1.5 - 2.5m ???) ... then move closer as the flames subside. SO, my best guess as to what they want - Aim the extinguisher nozzle or hose at the base of the fire. This is my selection!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Comment

Further thought - option D above simply says .... From a distance of 1.5 - 2.5m from the base of the fire. ..... the critical bit for me is physically AIMING the extinguisher at the base of the fire - hence I go with answer B .... By aiming the extinguishing agent at the base of the fire.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X