Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Compas heading/ True heading using deviation and Variation

Hi

I just had my exam in GNav this week and in this test i had two question in row where i had to find either Compass heading and True heading using deviation and variation, however in both instanced Variation was missing its designator W/E or something similar it was just a number, i dont remember exactly the question wording but in one of them had this:

Variation: 7'

Am I missing something or should i appeal both of them?
    Last edited by BHidle; 10-01-2019, 23:02.

This is one of those instances when to achieve anything you will need to request a review of your exam through your CAA portal. The reason I say this is because they will need to see your paper to identify the questions that you had. I believe the current price for reviews is twice an exam fee. If they agree with what you say, you will get your money back. It would also be good to email them at FCL-EExams@caa.co.uk to explain why you requested the review.

Good luck!

Comment

Did the variation have a minus sign (W) or a plus sign (E) before the number?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ Jones View Post
        Did the variation have a minus sign (W) or a plus sign (E) before the number?
        Hi no markings of any kind, just the "degree" circle behind and above the number.

Comment

Ok - if there were no clues whatsoever as to the direction of the Variation and/or Deviation then go with what John said above.

Comment

Hi, I appealed the question to my local aviation authorities, however they said nothing was wrong with examination, while i still believe this to be wrong, is there a way to appeal this further?

Also when i looked at the questions at examination preview there was also a Flight Planning question using ED-4 chart in GNAV finding highest obstacle along track within 5 nm, between two airports, wondering if this should be appealed too...

Comment

Working...
            X