Student route manual info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student route manual info?

Can anyone advise what you can and cannot do with a route manual, i.e what can you highlight/write or mark in it?

You take your own in to the exam?

I am starting this subject today and would appreciate some input.
    Last edited by Liam548; 29-03-2015, 15:11.
    PPL/Night/IMC (ATPL theory completed between March 2014 and August 2015, with CATS)

Re: Student route manual info?

found this post from Tony

http://www.atpforum.eu/showthread.php?p=59613

"there is nothing within the EC Regulation 1178/2011, the Acceptable Means of Compliance nor CAP 804 which states that students can not mark their own charts;on the contrary, it states: "Candidates may use their own pens, pencils, highlighters etc. on the rough working paper provided and on their own documents". Nevertheless, it is suggested that constraint be engaged when marking the charts and do not use permanent pens to mark the charts. "

so pretty much anything goes with regards marks and highlighting so long as you are not being stupid and writing additional answers on the back of charts etc?
    PPL/Night/IMC (ATPL theory completed between March 2014 and August 2015, with CATS)

Comment

OK - you will take your complete JEPP MANUAL into the Flight Planning Exam - so what can you do to/on your charts - you can highlight whatever you want, BUT do not write anything, no numbers, words, no nothing.

When you come on the brush up course, I will recommend that you do highlight the questions you do on the course, it will help!!

However, as you go through the examples on the distance learning, I think I would use a pencil/post-its to highlight things.

In the Exam, the invigilator will inspect a few JEPP MANUALS, they are not worried about highlighter, but they would worry about words/numbers.

Lastly, when you start highlighting, don't go mad - be discrete - don't 'draw attention' to your charts/manual!!

We will talk more on the brush up.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom, thats the kind of reply I was after.

Comment

Working...
        X