Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ID 330226, what is LW correction? need help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID 330226, what is LW correction? need help please.

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what is "LW correction 102x20"? Thank you.

This is an LRJT question (A330). About 2 years ago, LRJT questions were appearing in the exam, but we have not heard of any for a long time now. There has been no official guidance on this from the CAA/EASA, but currently,I wouldn't get too concerned about these.

The LRJT cruise tables allow us to come up with the fuel required for a CRUISEnavigation leg. If we want to include CLIMB and DESCENT planning (where obviously our fuel planning will be different to CRUISE planning, we are supplied with CLIMB and DESCENT correction tables. These tables tell us how much fuel (and time)should be added to our standard CRUISE calculation in order to take into account the CLIMB and DESCENT.

Don't worry too much about the LRJT - we will update you if these atart appearing again!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by aviator_FXE View Post
      Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what is "LW correction 102x20"? Thank you.

160,000kg (estimated landing) weight is 20,000kg above the reference landing weight stated annex 033-038 (stated on the top left of annex) = 20
      102 is the correction on annex 033-030 on the right under FL390-FL410 and across from 2300 (amended NM for wind correction)
      102 x 20
      had me bugged out for a while too!

Comment

Working...
      X