Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q 320167 Refer to image or Performance Manual MEP 1 Figure 3.7 - answer error?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q 320167 Refer to image or Performance Manual MEP 1 Figure 3.7 - answer error?

Greetings. In the answer explanation, it doesn't make sense how the mass of 3750 lb is interpolated on the graph. Shouldn't it be to the LEFT of the "3500" line (not to the right, as per the answer)? Not very clear, very confusing! Can someone please explain, as I'm losing the will to live right now :-) Thanks! Christian
    http://qbank.bgsonline.eu/res/questions/image/5501.gif
    Last edited by Christian1976; 16-07-2019, 19:17.

Hi Christian, This is an odd graph where there are two sets of lines for each of the the three weights given, 3500lb, 4000lb and 4750lb (also note the uneven spacing). At higher altitudes each weight has a line on the left for fully rich mixture and another for a mixture leaned to 25F of peak EGT. At lower altitudes only that for a fully rich mixture is given. This means that you need to identify the correct lines, full rich or leaned, and then interpolate between them. This question says lean so you are interpolating half way between the line for 3500lb lean and the line for 4000lb lean. I have marked them in blue below. Don't worry, it did my head in too when I first saw it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	graph.png
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	124132

Comment

Excellent, thank you so much, now it makes perfect sense! Thank you for the clarification

Comment

Working...
      X