Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about TO

Hello guys,
    2 months ago I had aprox 7 new question on czech CAA. Could somebody help me please?
    Maybe you had similar or same question?
    How will be affected take off and landing distance according standard operation procedures on short grass runway compared to pavement?
    - Decrease / Decrease (correct answer according czech CAA)
    - Increase / Decrease
    - Decrease / Increase
    - Increase / Increase

Could somebody explain to me please? I always thought that grass will increase TO distance.

Another question was... During flight with constant speed, altitude, angle of attack how will change CL / CD ratio, Angle of Climb / descend, rate of climb / descend - with lowered mass
    - Increase / constant / Increase (correct answer according czech CAA)
    - Decrease / constant / Decrase
    2 other options.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by suchac500; 25-07-2017, 21:19.

On your first question: T/O on short grass increases the T/O distance by 1.2. Landing on short grass increases the landing distance by 1.15. See CAP698.

On your second question:
    I think you are referring to QID 320010

An aeroplane executes a steady glide at the speed for minimum glide angle. If the forward speed is kept constant, what is the effect of a lower mass? Rate of Descent / Glide Angle / CL / CD Ratio:
    Answer: Increases / increases / decreases
    Explanation:
    The speed for minimum glide angle is at VMD, where CL: CD is greatest.
    The total drag is proportional to speed.
    If the mass is reduced and the original VMD speed for the higher mass is maintained then the glide angle will increase with the increase in drag and the CL: CD ratio will decrease.
    Theta θ is the glide angle.
    ROD = SINθTAS therefore as the glide angle has increased and the TAS is no longer the optimum TAS for VMD then the ROD increases.

Comment

Thank you very much colin!!

Could you help me please with another question.

"assuming all other factors remain unchanged, how ill a Headwind Component (HWC) affect the Speed for Maximum Range and the Speed for Maximum Angle of Climb?
      The HWC

A) leaves the speed for maximum Range unchanged and increases the speed for maximum angle of climb
      B) leaves the Speed for Maximum Range and the speed for Maximum Angle of climb unchanged
      C) Reduces the speed for maximum range and increases the speed for maximum angle of climb
      D) increases the speed for maximum range and leaves the speed for maximum angle of climb unchanged (Wrong answer according czech CAA)
      Last edited by suchac500; 03-08-2017, 19:35.

Comment

I think D is the right answer. Any news on this?

Comment

I obviously missed the original post.....

Yes, answer D is correct.

Comment

Hi

are you still busy with your exams ?

Comment

Working...
            X