Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLM 56000KG and 54900KG

Hi there,

There has been feedback from exams recently about using fig 4.11 in the cap to work out the C of G limits for an aircraft at MLM of 56000kg even though the limit for MLM in fig 4.11 is 54900kg. I have this exam in a few weeks and was wondering how do we go about answering this one? Do we use the 56000kg like the question says or use 54900kg since that is the maximum limit based on the figure in the cap.

Regards,

Liam

Good question and I've also seen the feedback.
    Perhaps it's a scenario when you are having to land above MSLM due to an emergency and you need to check the limits)
    If the question states what are the limits at that mass then that is how you must answer it.
    If they are expecting you to understand that it's in excess of the MSLM then the clue should be in the answers. i.e. "the limits are X and Y which is above MSLM".

Wish I could be more helpful. If you or anyone else gets it let me know and I'll appeal it.

Comment

Thanks Colin I will let you know if I get that question

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n116498[/ATTACH] I had this question back in February. Since then it has been added to the Av exam question bank. According to Av exam they have used the 56000kg.
        Last edited by speedbird777; 07-07-2017, 15:32. Reason: Seems like the image I have attached cannot be seen. But basically they have used 56000kg. Have no idea if that is correct and if the CAA want you to use 56000kg.

Comment

speedbird777. Thanks for the post. The image is slightly small when you click on it. What answers have Av Exam gave for this question?

Regards,

Liam

Comment

The question is:-

An aeroplane has a landing mass of 56000kg. The range of safe CG positions, as determined from the appropriate graph in the loading manual, is: -

a) forward limit 8.2% MAC, aft limit 27.0% MAC
            b)forward limit 7.8% MAC, aft limit 27.0% MAC
            c)forward limit 7.3% MAC, aft limit 26.8% MAC <--- (answer av exam has gone for)
            d)forward limit 8.7% MAC, aft limit 26.8% MAC

Comment

speedbird777 many thanks... much appreciated.

Regards,

Liam

Comment

Working...
              X