Instruments (A) Question ID: N992829 - VS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instruments (A) Question ID: N992829 - VS1

According to the text on page 4 of Lesson 2 - Pressure Instruments in the online course, VS1 is the "stall speed at Maximum All Up Mass clean".

However, the answer for Question ID: N992829 states that VS1 is "the level flight stall speed for the specified configuration". It should be noted that one of the other answers/options is: ​​​​"the level flight stall speed, aircraft clean" but this is not given as the correct answer.

I am a bit puzzled considering what is in the text of the online course (Lesson 2). What am I missing? (I haven't flown a light aircraft for many years and have forgotten the ASI markings)

Thanks in advance for your response.

Ageorgea

The text is describing the Seneca ASI. The ODM for this aircraft states: Green arc: normal operating speed range, with the lower limit being the power-off stall speed, including flaps and gear up (VSl), and the upper limit being VNO at the Maximum All Up Mass.
    However the Certification Specification definition states: [B]

Comment

Thanks Colin; appreciate your response. The problem I have with this is that the online info does not provide the "remote student" with the correct details for the exam until a progress test is done. And then the Explanations are sometimes vague. This needs to be addressed.

Comment

Yes it will be!

Comment

Hi,
          I have just taken the progress test and encountered the same problem and was equally puzzled. I read the posts here from the previous member but still remain confused. I also answered 'level flight clean', which turned out to be incorrect.
          The answer explanation also mentions VSR but I could not find this in the course text?
          Where did I go wrong and where can the correct information be found?

Thanks.

T.

Comment

Working...
          X