Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pneumatic's rate of climb questions

Hi!

I have a few questions regarding the rate of climb calculations, I would really appreciate some help on how to tackle these questions

1) An aircraft takes off from an airfield of 5900 ft elevation and climbs to FL 300 at a rate of 1205 ft/min. In order for the cabin to arrive at 8000 ft as the aircraft is levelling off the cabin rate of climb must be:

a) 210 ft/min
    b) 105 ft/min
    c) 400 ft/min
    d) 168 ft/min

2) An aircraft climbs from sea level to 16,000 ft at 1000 ft per min, the cabin pressurisation is set to climb at 500 ft per min to a cabin altitude of 8000 ft. The time taken for the cabin to reach 8000 ft is:

a) the same time as it takes the aircraft to reach 16,000 ft
    b) half the time it takes the aircraft to reach 16,000 ft
    c) twice the time it takes the aircraft to reach 16,000 ft
    d) three times the time it takes the aircraft to reach 16,000 ft

3) In a pressurised aircraft whose cabin altitude is 8000 ft, a crack in a cabin window makes it necessary to reduce the differential pressure to 5 psi. The flight level to be maintained in order to keep the same cabin altitude is:

a) FL 230
    b) FL340
    c) FL280
    d) FL180

One more question,

5) In the cruise at 30,000 ft the cabin altitude is adjusted from 4000 ft to 6000 ft:

a) cabin differential will increase.
    b) cabin differential will not be affected.
    c) cabin differential will decrease.
    d) the pressure relief valve will open.

My understanding with this question is that pressurizing to 6000 ft would require an increase in cabin pressure therefore an increase in cabin differential pressure.

Working...
X