• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	100059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	124113

Based on the explanation point no 3, shouldn't the answer D is correct as well?

Hi Era,

In my opinion this is one of those awkward questions that look for word for word answer. I've modified our explanation slightly because, rather embarrassingly, it referred to JAR. I thought we had managed to clear all of those out a couple of years ago but the odd one appears from time to time. I have to say that this is obviously an old question and I'm finding that as EASA either work on old questions or bring in new questions they are improved. So I doubt you would actually come across this in a current exam.

Below is an extract from the latest ICAO Annex 1 regarding the privileges of a commercial pilot's licence holder. You might note that the words have changed slightly over the years.

a) to exercise all the privileges of the holder of a private pilot licence in an aircraft within the appropriate aircraft category;

b) to act as pilot-in-command of an aircraft within the appropriate aircraft category engaged in operations other than commercial air transportation;

c) to act as pilot-in-command, in commercial air transportation, of an aircraft within the appropriate aircraft category and certificated for single-pilot operation;

d) to act as co-pilot of an aircraft within the appropriate aircraft category required to be operated with a co-pilot; and

e) for the airship category, to pilot an airship under IFR.

Comment

Thank you John

Comment

Working...
      X