X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ID: 100081

-----
    Type ratings shall be established:

A) Only for aircraft certificated for operation with a minimum crew of at least two pilots and each type of helicopter
    B) For any type of aircraft whenever considered necessary by the authority
    C) All the answers are correct
    D) Only aircraft certificated for operation with a minimum crew of at least two pilots
    ---

In the QB, the correct answer here is B, "For any type of aircraft whenever considered necessary by the authority".

But the hint in the blue box says :
    Type Ratings shall be established for: (a) each type of aircraft certified for operation with a minimum crew of at least two pilots; (b) each type of helicopter certificated for single pilot operation except where a class rating has been issued; and (c) any type of aircraft whenever considered necessary by the Licensing Authority.

Wouldnt the answer be C instead ?

matj1986

As I understand things, A and D are wrong because it says "Only" and differs from the "Each" found in the blue box and legislative text

"Each type of aircraft certificated for XXX" > type rating is necessary for these aircrafts, amongst others in the list
    "Only type of aircraft certificated for XXX" > type rating is necessary for these aircrafts, and NOTHING else.

That's why, in my view A and D are wrong, and therefore C is wrong as well.

Comment

I see, thanks a lot !

Comment

Working...
      X