Q ID:100517 and 100314

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q ID:100517 and 100314

Hi am currently completing the question bank and have answered both of these questions. I believe they are both asking the same thing but both give different answers. One gives the answer of 5 NM and the other answer 2.5 NM. Would someone please be able to clear this one up please? I understand the minimum separation is 5 NM which can be reduced to 3 NM if radar permits. However, if they are on the same localizer track it can be reduced to 2.5 NM which I think both of these questions are saying?

Q ID: 100314

The minimum radar separation provided between aircraft established on the same localizer course shall be: (plus additional longitudinal separation as required for wake turbulence) ANSWER 2.5 NM.

Q ID: 100517

The following minimum radar separation shall be provided between aircraft on the same localizer with additional longitudinal separation as required for wake turbulence: ANSWER 5 NM.

Kind Regards,

Liam

Hello Liam,

The 2.5NM is without Wake Turbulence separation and the 5NM is with Wake Turbulence separation added.

Comment

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. So the two questions I have listed both say with additional spacing for wake turbulence which would mean the answer is 5 NM like you say. But for Q ID:100314 it says 2.5 NM and in brackets in the question it says (plus additional longitudinal separation as required for wake turbulence)?

Comment

Yes. Wake turbulence separation would need to be added to that figure if wake turbulence separation were required. Don't forget that wake turbulence separation is not always required.

Comment

Working...
        X