1st class medical query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st class medical query

Hi guys and Gals, need some input please, can someone give me an insight (pardon the pun) into what is done for the eye testing part of the 1st class medical, if you able to give fairly in depth details, I would be most grateful.

Cholestrol, blood glucose, blood pressure, heart scan, vision test, urine test, hearing test, reflexes test, posture check. That's all I can remember.

Nothing to worry about.

Hope that helped.

Comment

HI there, thanks for that, can you remember if they take photos of your retina, or if it is a simple eye test, with a letter board, perifial test and depth perception. Thank you

Comment

this is quite accurate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLja22HyUuE

Details differ a bit, but its nothing too interesting, honestly. Just call/email the place where you'll be doing your medical and they'll let you know everything.

Comment

No pun intended with my name btw. xD

Comment

Originally posted by Marriott View Post
            HI there, thanks for that, can you remember if they take photos of your retina, or if it is a simple eye test, with a letter board, perifial test and depth perception. Thank you
            I did mine in Ireland, I can't tell you exactly what most of the tests were but I'll try to describe them as best as I can - I started off with the board and naming out letters from a distance. Then a text from up close. Color blindness test on your ishihara book. Then I had my pressure tested, they put some drops into my eye and I had to put my head in a device where they were looking into my eye. I think this is the part were some pictures of my eye were taken. After that I had to put my head in another two different devices - both of whom projected an image - in one instance I had to push a button every time I saw a squiggly line or some disturbance in horizontal/vertical lines and the other one was asking to recognize some dots I suppose testing my peripheral vision. In total they used some 4 to 5 high tech devices. I watched the video posted by Plague Doctor, that was nothing like what I went through, so I guess it depends from country to country

Comment

I had mine at Gatwick and it was a simple medical but a little hoop jumping. In reference to eyes they asked me if I had had laser treatment at anytime prior to the appointment to which I replied "yes 16 years go in canada". They then wanted all details of before and after treatment and notes from the surgeon! When I explained it was 16 years ago and suggested that it was Ireland a mare of pass or fail I got the jobsworth answer "well we need it". Luckily I managed to track down the company that had bought out my surgeon when he retired.

First of all the test has simple look through and tell me when the house is in focus test, to get a rough prescription - they do this in most opticians these days.

Then you move visual fields where you click the switch when you see a light - again most opticians do this too.

colour blindness test is also done at this stage. They then tell you you are done but they mean just that stage.

next up your in with an optometrist for what seems like the longest eye test ever. Everything is repeated at least three times making sure it is an accurate review. The annoyance test is amusing "can you read the letters?" While he is waving a torch in your eye at the same time "no your shining a torch in my eye of course I find It difficult!!"

but the whole thing is nothing to worry about tbh.

the strange thing though is that they found I was -0.5 in one eye and said I needed glasses, which they wouldn't give a prescription for and told me to go to my local optician, which I did to be told "you don't need glasses". After forking out
              Last edited by Spike; 30-05-2017, 23:34. Reason: darn auto spell on ipad when plugged in charging!!!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks so much for the feedback, really appreciate it. sounds all fairly simple, Spike, did you also have to pictures of the retina taken as described by Martins

"they put some drops into my eye and I had to put my head in a device where they were looking into my eye. I think this is the part were some pictures of my eye were taken. After that I had to put my head in another two different devices - both of whom projected an image"

thanks a lot.

Comment

At present lots of people suffering for high blood sugar. High blood sugar can cause damage to your nerves. We need to follow some rules for control blood sugar. Physical exercise is the best way to control blood sugar. We also need to follow normal blood sugar chart for control high blood sugar. I hope my post will help you to know about diabetic. I will provide more health tips for you. Thank you so much for read my post.

Comment

Working...
                  X