Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATPL validity - 36 month change?!

Good day all, please help if you can...

I am an graduate of the course and was hoping on some clarification on a couple of points:

1. Does the 36month validity of ATPL credits count from the end of the month of the last passed exam, or from the actual day of sitting of the last exam? I had always thought the former but read something in CAP804 (Sec 4, Part A, p3) That suggests the latter, clarification would be great from someone who knows for sure.

(-I have tried to ask the CAA, but don't yet have an answer from them...as exams are sat at the beginning of the calendar month, this could make quite a big (months) difference given that completed paperwork is required 10 working days in advance of any date of expiry. [FCL.025 (C) (1) (iii)])

2. If exam credits were to expire past their 36 month validity, would it be better to be holding a CPL at that point or an IR? ie; do either of these qualifications 'lock in' some of the ATPLs, or does one lose all 14 if both CPL and IR are left unfinished?

Thanks in advance, (don't let this happen to you!).

Andrew

Sent from my iPhone

This matter was discussed recently (earlier this week) on the pprune.org website. The answers include the relevant fcl reference document.

Comment

Many thanks 'Loan'...direction to the pprune link would be helpful, sometimes not the easiest to find specific threads there. I would always rather use this outlet to ask questions, have previously found it much less opionated(&helpful)...
      Much obliged.

Comment

I found it, it was me who had asked Linda's opinion on this at the beginning of the week...and hence why she asked her inspector. A little surprised it's not been discussed more widely, most ATOs/forums still quoting end of month 36...

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Arranger View Post
          This matter was discussed recently (earlier this week) on the pprune.org website. The answers include the relevant fcl reference document.
          Can you provide a link?

Comment

Working...
          X