Performance 15 May

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance 15 May

Okay, quite hard exam in my opinion, as you know for this subject RTFQ. Don't waste time in the beginning, rather go back when you're done, time plays a role, when you have to think and overthink.

Drop down. What reduce the quick TR mass. High PA + hot temp.
    Drop down. What happens to the tod and todr if the runway is contaminated. Think I got this wrong. Said increase+ increase. But Tod will decrease (cause you use flaps) . Todr will increase?

SEL OAT question. you have -5 degrees. You out into the FMS +59 degrees. Only answer that made sense is: Your engine will use less fuel as it thinks it's hotter, which will reduce the thrust.

Why hey do you use reduced TO
    A. To save operating cost , or something.

What at happens to your asdr, if you get a stopway (written like this). Highly controversial. (Have seen it here before)
    A. Asdr increases, but V1 remains constrant
    B. Asdr increases, but V1 increases
    C. Asdr remains constant
    D. Asdr remains constant, but v1 increases

went for C and commented that I cannot comment on the V1 speed if I don't know about the Toda. Mass etc. really poor question.

new Weird question. Seen here aswell before. you chose to use SID in a turbo prop. to use the safe rate of climb, which ROC should you use to reach 1800 ft.
    Climb gradient to 1800 ft 6.1% above 5%.
    GS with flaps 130 . GS clean 230.

A 650 ft/ min
    B 1150 ft/ min
    c. 800 ft/min using the un normal level off altitude of 1800 ft
    d. 1450 ft/min climbing to 1800 ft and something else to FL80.

(Really strange, probaly more will see the same question these days) can anyone clarify what is meant?

if if you have a heavy and a light mass in a glide , what will the light aircraft do.
    A. Rod decrease decent gradient remains constant (went with this)
    B. Rod decrease, decent gradient decrease

graph.
    Which min dead or max tail do you need to land. Given lda (remember to factor with.7) they give 2% upslope aswell, but you don't use that.
    got 22kts head

calculate landing mass. Give lda 1600m (you need to minus 650FT (200m) for anti skid operating) got 52k kg

what at is your rotation speed. Read directly from the graph out from the mass.

Graph temp. -20 pa 18000 ft. Mass 4000 lb mixture leaned to 25f
    got 1050 (use the 3750 line, as the mixture is leaned)

Twin engine. Interpolate what is the TAS, what is the hourly fuelconsumption ( multiply by two for twin)

bank/ logic question as. What happens to roc and angle of climb in a high pressure alt. You know them when you see them. But remember to read if the pressure increases or the pressure altitude increases.

if you have upslope instead of flat rw, what happens to the asd and the tod.

Best of luck to all with this

Thanks for the feedback, hope it went well. I have no idea about that SID in a turbo prop question.

Comment

Working...
    X