Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks alex

Comment

Good evening guys, I had performance this afternoon. A fair chunk of questions were from Bristol. The question bellow came up, Can anyone tell me what the correct answer is please. I was very Unsure about this.

Thanks

Figure 2.4 Landing short field

given Landing distance 1750
      upslope 2%
      mass 3400
      38 temp
      2000ft PA

Find the headwind/Tailwind

-minimum 22headwind
      -maximum 5 tailwind
      -maximum 7 tailwind
      -maximum 2 tailwind

Comment

Originally posted by B777forlife View Post
        Good evening guys, I had performance this afternoon. A fair chunk of questions were from Bristol. The question bellow came up, Can anyone tell me what the correct answer is please. I was very Unsure about this.

Thanks

Figure 2.4 Landing short field

given Landing distance 1750
        upslope 2%
        mass 3400
        38 temp
        2000ft PA

Find the headwind/Tailwind

-minimum 22headwind
        -maximum 5 tailwind
        -maximum 7 tailwind
        -maximum 2 tailwind

I just did this quickly and I annoyingly got 6 knots tailwind. What did you go for?

Comment

I went with 22kt Headwind. I did it in two ways, one came out with 4Kt TW and the other 22HW. It was a 3 Mark question, Fingers crossed.

Comment

I went with 22kt Headwind. I did it in two ways, one came out with 4Kt TW and the other 22HW. It was a 3 Mark question, Fingers crossed.
            Interesting. Did you increase the field length by 2% going into the graph? I have perf a week on monday so be interesting to hear what the verdict on that is... and also if I'm completely messing up in any areas lol.

Comment

Looks very simular to this one, it was posted a couple months back

Use figure 2.4 CAP 698

Determinate the minimum or maximum wind component
              Mass: 3400Ib
              Pressure alt: 2000ft
              Temp: 32 deg C
              RWY LDA: 1750ft
              RW Slope: +2% upslope

1) max. 7kt tw
              2) max 2kt tw
              3) min 22kt hw
              d) max 5kt tw

Fig 2.4 you would ignore the upslope. See CAP 698 section 2 page 9 para 5.1.d. The LDA would need to de-factored by 1.43. 1750/1.43 = 1223.

Comment

Dohhhhhh! Now that makes sense, my bad. Thanks!

Comment

Aaron that is correct, it was similar. lukep95 I have checked with a previous instructor and apparently the correct answer is 22HW

Comment

Aaron that is correct, it was similar. lukep95 I have checked with a previous instructor and apparently the correct answer is 22HW
                    Yeah I had a classic case of RTFQ and thought it was a downslope lol. I got 22 when I redid it - thank you! Hope you got a pass :-)

Comment

lukep95 haha we all have that RTFQ moments. I did pass indeed, very pleased. would like to thank everyone for their feedback.

Comment

lukep95 haha we all have that RTFQ moments. I did pass indeed, very pleased. would like to thank everyone for their feedback.
                        Well done!! How was the exam? I have it a week on monday. Latest feedback seems fairly consistent for the most part?

Comment

Thanks mate. The exam was actually better than I anticipated and opening the email this morning, I was hoping for a pass but got a lot higher than a pass. Recent feedback and Bristol helps a lot. You will always get the odd question in Gibberish, or els it wont be CAA.

Comment

Working...
                          X