• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do, mate. Got to give back!!!

Comment

Thanks for the feed back there Jesus.

Comment

We were told for flight planning that they are gunning for taxi fuel errors in the FP exam. Two or three easy 2 mark Q's where they ask about taxi fuel on destination (which doesn't exist)

If I could get paid for being a red herring fisherman this licence would be a whole lot cheaper.

Comment

Took Air Law, Op Proc and IFR Comms this week - all Quadrant and all I'd say fair with results reflective of my knowledge (would have appreciated greater notice of the major change from the CAA however). Due personal circumstances and job market at the time I'm repeating from 2009 at a time when we used to try to get 100% (think I had 97% average) and it was a bit daft and a non event in all honesty. These last exams felt far more like a test of knowledge and I thought a fair reflection coming out at mid 80's in each of the final 3 though still averaging early 90's overall this time. There are many new questions in all 3 I sat this week though if you have a general read through your notes you'll be fine. On the day I was reasonably confident I'd passed though couldn't call it and know two other guys felt the same, particularly on Op Proc, so if you're feeling bad in the exam just hang in there. I'm not a big fan of learning the question banks and all continued feedback and updating will do is create a cat and mouse situation with ATO's expanding their banks, the CAA generating more questions and ultimately false expectations with employers having to weed out poor knowledge at interview. That said, I appreciate the concerns of those faced with imminent exams, that ATO's tend to focus on the 'old' QB in brush ups and it'll sound arsey otherwise now I'm complete so the questions I don't recall having seen before:

Flight duty max per day with/without any extension
          Only one question where I had to enter a figure - distance prior to threshold at which speed change instructions shall not be given
          VFR minima below 10000ft Class B
          Fair bit on Dangerous Goods
          Decode of braking action on Snowtam
          How long does an Operator need to hold flight duty records
          Had only one contentious question which asked in the event of smoke from an immediately obvious source in the cockpit what would you do. Answers were divert and do nothing else, or isolate service plus two other options you could discount. I commented that there wasn't enough info, ie was the service safety essential? In my view what you would do is immediately divert and then explore isolation as there's too little time to mess around but the way the question was worded you needed to go for isolate.

I can't remember too many others just now but as I say, there's a fair spread so you're most likely to get other new stuff - look over all notes, a lot of it can be deduced or is common sense and you'll be fine. All the best and good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Okavango View Post
            Took Air Law, Op Proc and IFR Comms this week - all Quadrant and all I'd say fair with results reflective of my knowledge (would have appreciated greater notice of the major change from the CAA however). Due personal circumstances and job market at the time I'm repeating from 2009 at a time when we used to try to get 100% (think I had 97% average) and it was a bit daft and a non event in all honesty. These last exams felt far more like a test of knowledge and I thought a fair reflection coming out at mid 80's in each of the final 3 though still averaging early 90's overall this time. There are many new questions in all 3 I sat this week though if you have a general read through your notes you'll be fine. On the day I was reasonably confident I'd passed though couldn't call it and know two other guys felt the same, particularly on Op Proc, so if you're feeling bad in the exam just hang in there. I'm not a big fan of learning the question banks and all continued feedback and updating will do is create a cat and mouse situation with ATO's expanding their banks, the CAA generating more questions and ultimately false expectations with employers having to weed out poor knowledge at interview. That said, I appreciate the concerns of those faced with imminent exams, that ATO's tend to focus on the 'old' QB in brush ups and it'll sound arsey otherwise now I'm complete so the questions I don't recall having seen before:

Flight duty max per day with/without any extension
            Only one question where I had to enter a figure - distance prior to threshold at which speed change instructions shall not be given
            VFR minima below 10000ft Class B
            Fair bit on Dangerous Goods
            Decode of braking action on Snowtam
            How long does an Operator need to hold flight duty records
            Had only one contentious question which asked in the event of smoke from an immediately obvious source in the cockpit what would you do. Answers were divert and do nothing else, or isolate service plus two other options you could discount. I commented that there wasn't enough info, ie was the service safety essential? In my view what you would do is immediately divert and then explore isolation as there's too little time to mess around but the way the question was worded you needed to go for isolate.

I can't remember too many others just now but as I say, there's a fair spread so you're most likely to get other new stuff - look over all notes, a lot of it can be deduced or is common sense and you'll be fine. All the best and good luck to all.
            Thanks very much for that feedback. This is the first bit of positive feedback we've had about these new exams and I'm glad you think it was fair. Just a quick question, did you get any polar navigation in ops?

Comment

No grid calcs. The only one I can recall related was where are charts referenced to true north. One option was northern Canada which looking at my old notes there's one sentence stating that fact though again looking at the other options it was common sense anyway. While I remember there was also a hold entry though it wasn't marginal as others have said they've had on here and was straightforward. Think it was 030 entry and approaching on 050. As I say, I wouldn't advise concentrating too much on questions in such unknown circumstances - use your time to look over your notes.

Comment

Working...
              X